Archive | Community

Find Out If Big Phrama Pays Your Doctor to Prescribe You Certain Medication

A new website allows you to type in your doctor’s name and determine if he or she is receiving extra money from big Pharma as an incentive to prescribe certain drugs. If you are interested in finding out click here http://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/states/new-jersey

Read the full story

Posted in CommunityComments Off on Find Out If Big Phrama Pays Your Doctor to Prescribe You Certain Medication

SUPREME COURT Decides Medicare Case in Favor of the Injured

In WOS v. E.M.A., 568 U.S. ___ (March 20, 2013), the Supreme Court affirmed the Fourth Circuit’s ruling that North Carolina’s irrebuttable statutory presumption that 1/3 of a tort recovery was the amount due on state’s Medicaid subrogation claim was invalid under federal Medicaid anti-lien statute and the Court’s 2006 Ahlborn decision. In this […]

Read the full story

Posted in CommunityComments Off on SUPREME COURT Decides Medicare Case in Favor of the Injured

spacer image

You can make these cases up

Suit: Yoga Shouldn’t Be Taught in Calif. Schools A lawsuit has been filed against the Encinitas, Calif., public school district in an effort to half the teaching of yoga to elementary school kids. The lawsuit claims yoga “represents a religious indoctrination” and violates state law that prohibits religion from being taught in public schools. The […]

Read the full story

Posted in CommunityComments Off on You can make these cases up

New Hope for those at High Risk for Mesothelioma

All too often people who develop mesothelioma are diagnosed at an advanced stage and at a time when it is very difficult to provide treatment that presents any real hope of long term survival. I had many conversations with the late Dr. Irving Selikoff, the pioneeer, in this area, of the need for modern medicine […]

Read the full story

Posted in CommunityComments Off on New Hope for those at High Risk for Mesothelioma

Remembering 911: The ” Jersey Girls” Who Changed My Life and the Lives of Many Others

Braun: Sept. 11 ‘Jersey Girls’ mostly leave high-profile activism to others these days | NJ.com Like so many people in our area, the tragic events of 911 changed me forever. This past Sunday I  read the article in the Star Ledger about the ” Jersey Girls.”  I spent many days and nights with the “Jersey Girls“ in connection […]

Read the full story

Posted in CommunityComments Off on Remembering 911: The ” Jersey Girls” Who Changed My Life and the Lives of Many Others

FDA names one source of cantaloupe in ongoing salmonella probe.

In continuing coverage, the Wall Street Journal (8/24, A2, Tomson, Subscription Publication) reports that the Food and Drug Administration announced it has identified the Chamberlain Farms of Owensville, Indiana, as one source of the salmonella outbreak linked to cantaloupe, which has thus far, resulted in two deaths and at least 176 people becoming ill. […]

Read the full story

Posted in Community, Consumer ProtectionComments Off on FDA names one source of cantaloupe in ongoing salmonella probe.

Product Safety News

Top Practice Areas

Philadelphia
Mesothelioma, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Failure to Diagnose Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Brain Injury, Personal Injury, Car Accidents, Truck Accidents

New Jersey
Birth Injury, Medical Malpractice, Mesothelioma, Personal Injury, Car Accidents, Truck Accidents

Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C.

Archives